- This event has passed.
Silicon Halton Meetup #108 – Is Your AI Invention Patentable?
October 9, 2018 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Companies today have created business solutions utilizing Artificial Intelligence, only to find the AI is not inherently protectable or the time for protecting it has passed. Protecting AI presents some unique challenges. As human innovation begins to be replaced by AI innovation, governments are struggling with adapting traditional intellectual property and other legal concepts to define the rules of the marketplace.
Join us as we discuss the challenges and emerging strategies for the protection of AI innovation. Ian and Cat will cover:
- Patentable Artificial Intelligence inventions
- Keeping AI innovation as a trade secret
- Copyright issues for AI code
- Leveraging IP protection for AI investments
- Practical strategies and best practices